Tuesday, October 28, 2008

another busy day


Today was a "rush rush rush" day! Seth woke up early, so as soon as Joel, Makenzie, and Luke got out the door for school, I quickly got everything necessary done so that we could do early morning errands. "Necessary" today meant clean the upstairs bathroom! The tub had pink in it, for crying out loud! Last night the kids had to take showers instead of baths because I didn't feel like cleaning the tub yesterday, and it was too gross to sit in (well, that might be a little exaggerated, but I felt better knowing four little pairs of sweet cheeks would not be touching the germs in that tub). Getting in and out of Walmart before 10 a.m. is one of my favorite accomplishments! The only negative to that philosophy is that there are fewer checkout lines open because there are fewer shoppers. I still got in and out of there fast and early! Then we stopped in at the bead store (one of my favorite shops in the WORLD!) to get black beads for the necklace I'm going to make for my mom. Next was my daily helpfulness mission to ACS. I help Mrs. Anker's kindergarteners with their lunchtime (get straws, ketchup, etc.) and give Luke lots of hugs and kisses :-) I get to see Makenzie before and after the lunchtime, but second graders can pretty much take care of themselves, so I mostly stick with Luke's class. Tuesdays are Seth's occupational therapy days, so we had to run from Luke's lunch to the van to get out to Dowling on time. Seth did get to have a nice little nap while I had some lunch, worked on the laundry, and put away all the Walmart stuff. Then we picked up the kids, helped with homework and signing papers, made dinner, finished the laundry, gave baths, got kids to bed, read a chapter of The Long Winter (we're reading all of the Little House on the Prairie series), sang our goodnight songs, and now here I am. I think the telling of this day is more exhausting than the actual living it. This is a typical Tuesday. fun fun fun :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008