Wednesday, November 5, 2008

disappointment

I am very disappointed in the American people. I'm even naive enough to be surprised. Now Christians had better pray -- for his salvation, for logic and clear-headed/unprejudiced thinking and decision-making, for our own selves to be respectful and prayerful at all times. God sees every heart, mind, and action. He sees, hears, knows, and cares. He is all-powerful while mankind, Satan, and demons are limited. "Blessed be the name of the LORD."

I am thoroughly enjoying my new job. It's easy and I get to give smiles to all those cute kids. I'm not in an authority position, so all of the problems belong to someone else. My sole responsibility is to kindly record the food each child in line is purchasing. The only negative to the job is that sometimes I have to tell a child that they have to put some or all of the food back because they're out of money or their parents said they couldn't have some particular item. That doesn't happen very often, though. And so far, the children in that situation have been very cooperative. If I had extra money, I'd come loaded with ones to hand out to every single child that needed more money for their lunches. I did give one child a quarter or two last week, but I wish I could do that for each case.

Seth is in the middle of an awful cold. He has stuff coming out of every single opening in his head. GROSS!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008