Saturday, November 8, 2008

GORGEOUS kids!

I'll be the first to admit that my kids -- all four of them -- can, at times, be giant pains in the neck. But I'm also the first to say that my kids are GORGEOUS, creative, smart, and fun!!!!! This morning was a bit of a disaster, both for scheduling and for parenting. Jason had to leave for work at 6 a.m., and that's when I was planning on getting up. I'm not exactly sure why, but as soon as Jason left, Luke came upstairs -- SIX O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING!!!!! I don't handle that kind of situation well! I don't want to reward that decision, so I don't like to let him get in my bed or watch t.v. I don't want him to think I'm not glad to see him, but I'm so irritated that he's not still sleeping for the last two hours that he needs (and I'll be honest -- that I need for him to be unconscious), that I get "snippy." A 6 a.m. wakeup means a day-long string of grouchiness usually. It hasn't been too bad today, though. It always helps to separate them. Today, Joel got to watch cartoons in my room while Makenzie and Luke watched a movie downstairs and I fed Seth breakfast. Then Makenzie left to play at a friend's house, and the boys all watched a movie downstairs while I painted. Now it's "naptime" -- one of my favorite times of the day, second only to bedtime :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008