Tuesday, November 11, 2008

not so bad at all

Today wasn't as hectic as I was expecting. The first appointment was at 9 a.m. with the audiologist. Seth was supposed to have a hearing test, but his ears still had too much gunk in them. She said the test wouldn't accurately show whether or not the tubes had helped his hearing until the ears are finished draining all that stuff. So we'll go back in three weeks and try again. Although continued drainage is not exactly good news, it did help with the scheduling today. I needed to go to Walmart, so the cut off appointment allowed me to get that errand done before going to help with Luke's lunch. After lunch was Seth's occupational therapy. He did a pretty good job there, even showing two new skills: 1.holding a container with his left hand while twisting a lid off it with the right hand (still not expert at this, but getting the idea which is an improvement from last week) and 2.holding a tower of pegs steady with his left hand while putting a peg on top with the right hand. The whole idea of using the hands to perform two separate tasks is VERY complex, so it's great that he's starting to think of it. Naptime was even successful today -- yay Seth! While he slept, I was able to do more taping in my room so that I can paint tomorrow during naptime (looking forward to that!). And now this day is almost over -- kids are in bed, so I can pick from a long list of "need-to-do's." I think I'd better iron -- hate that job!!!!! but it must be done. One of the top priorities on my "when I become wealthy" list is to HIRE A MAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008