Saturday, November 8, 2008

painting obsession

I haven't had much time to think the past couple days because I've been COMPLETELY obsessed with painting. We painted the living room and stairwell on Thursday night a light caramel-brown color (which, by the way, I created myself -- I mixed the "burnt almond" color from the bathroom with white. That was too pinkish, so I added the "quiet waterfall" green color from the living/dining room -- great new shade!). It needs a little touching up in the stairwell, but that will have to wait until Jason can get to it since I'm scared of climbing the ladders. Last night and this morning, I painted one wall of our bedroom a light purple color -- it looks like a lavender and gray mix. Neither of these colors shows up very well in pictures. I gave the roller a try this morning, and I liked it pretty well. It was a little easier on my hands, but I'm not sure if it worked any better than the method I had with the brushes. Monday (I hope, anyway), I'll start on the rest of the room, but I'll be sponge-painting those walls. I'm MUCH better at using a sponge than I am at using a brush or roller! I'm REALLY looking forward to starting that. I'm NOT looking forward to having to move junk and clean where I haven't cleaned for a good four years! YUCK!!!!!!

1 comment:


The Hofacker Family 2008