Saturday, November 1, 2008

PIE!!

No picture for this one, but I wish that I'd had a camera to remember those DELICIOUS pies and maybe even my expression while eating my first fruit pie in about TEN YEARS!!!! I almost cried :-) So I did learn the little tricks to making a gluten-free pie crust work (I think -- the true test will be when I try to do it on my own in my own kitchen). I was the last one of three people to try to roll out my dough, and everyone was commenting on how well I was keeping my crust rounded. I had to admit it was just my OCD. I had fun, learned what I needed to learn, bought some stuff (English muffin tins, flour, and gluten-free oats -- another thing I haven't had in years, but I doubt eating that will bring me to tears since it's just oatmeal. but I might get emotional about oatmeal cookies or a good crumb-topping on some dessert. yes, I love to eat that much), and didn't get lost or get in any accidents on the drive to and from Wasilla. Praise God for a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008