Saturday, November 1, 2008

Saturdays



Saturdays for kids is pretty fun, maybe a little boring. They get to watch tv pretty much all day if they want to. Today Dad's home -- a rare occurrence in our house because of coaching -- so Joel and Dad are playing Star Wars Monopoly with an audience of Makenzie and Luke with the background noise of Seth watching and singing with Signing Time. Fun times :-) Meanwhile, I was changing all the sheets, starting laundry, picking up stuff here and there, and now doing this. Next will be make lunch and do Makenzie's hair and nails for the Fall Carnival this afternoon. After lunch, I'M LEAVING TOWN!!!!! Yippee!!!!! That's not a sarcastic, fake excitement either! Jason's taking all four kids to the Fall Carnival, and I'm going to Wasilla to take part in a gluten-free pie crust baking class. There will be adults ONLY (I'm pretty sure, anyway). I'm going ALONE! I'm getting coffee on the way! I'll be driving for an hour with NO YELLING, FIGHTING, OR NEED TO DISCIPLINE ANYONE!!!!!! Plus, there IS the added bonus of learning how to make gluten-free pie crust, one of the few baking feats I have not yet conquered. Should prove to be a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008