Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve


It's been a good day! There was a minimal amount of fighting/yelling/whining/crying. Joel, Makenzie, and Luke came upstairs at 7 a.m. (not too bad, really). Actually, Joel and Luke came upstairs at 7:00. Makenzie waited at the bottom of the stairs to see if the boys were going to get in trouble for going upstairs a half-hour too early (Christmas break rules: no one gets out of bed before 7:30 a.m. except to use the restroom). Joel went to the stairwell and told Makenzie to come upstairs. She whispered up, "Is she mad?" I must be some kind of monster in the mornings! But they had to wait for Seth to wake up before they could open presents (I'm so mean!). I finally got tired of waiting at 8:00 and woke him up. Everyone was happy with their gifts -- maybe all my "be thankful for what you have" lectures worked for once. We went pretty light on the gifts this year -- new pajamas for all and then three pretty small gifts each. Actually, Seth really got jipped, but he has no clue about that. He got new pajamas like the other three, but his other three gifts were things I'd bought him over the past few months (books and one toy). He's been reading/playing with them all this time, but seemed to enjoy them all over again this morning. I wonder how long I'll be able to get away with that little trick. Seth and Makenzie were both too sick to go to the Christmas Eve service tonight. They just have colds, but they also have fevers. So we stayed home while Jason, Joel, and Luke went to Carrs, Christmas lights looking, and church. Now Seth and Makenzie are in bed. After I finish this, I'll be starting the Christmas baking. I made all six pie crusts this afternoon, so I'll make the pecan and pumpkin pies tonight and then apple and cherry tomorrow. I've been looking forward to more pie ever since Thanksgiving!!!!! The BEST part of the holidays!!! I didn't do my monthly Thanksgiving idea this month because of Christmas, but I hope I can remember to do it in January. It's good to be thankful -- plus, I'll have a good excuse to MAKE MORE PIE!    

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008