Tuesday, January 27, 2009

25 little things about me

I put this list on facebook (which, by the way, I HATE!), so I decided to put it on this blog (which, by the way, I really enjoy):

1. This is the very first time I've responded to one of these survey-type things.
2. I LOVE THIRD DAY, listen to them almost constantly, and look up all the information about them I can find.
3. I grew up very close to Hannibal, MO and get a little irritated when people don't know why that's significant.
4. Before Seth was born, I didn't know even one thing about Down syndrome.
5. When no one's looking, I sneak bites of food with wheat in it even though I know it's damaging my insides (I'll stop doing that now that I've confessed).
6. I have a touch of OCD -- well, maybe more than "a touch."
7. English grammar makes sense to me, and I correct everyone's speech in my mind.
8. My childhood best friend and I were born on the same day in the same hospital, and our mothers were best friends.
9. I asked God to forgive me for sinning and asked Jesus to be my Saviour when I was four years old and understood completely what I was doing.
10. I love my four kids more than my own life, but I'd rather die than have any more.
11. I hate it when people wear pink and red, pink and orange, or red and orange together.
12. Between my wedding day (1994) and Seth's birth (2005), I gained 70 pounds.
13. Between Seth's birth (2005) and my 36th b-day (Oct. 2008), I lost 25 pounds.
14. I don't mind telling the whole world how old I am, but I'll never tell a soul exactly how much I weigh (unless I get back to what I weighed in 1994 -- then I'll probably post it on a banner on the crosswalk over Northern Lights).
15. I talk to myself.
16. I have a really bad temper, but pretty much only show it at home.
17. I can act like the ditziest blonde ever born if it'll get me out of trouble or make someone not irritated to help me with something that I absolutely can't do for myself.
18. Pretty jewelry fascinates me.
19. I'd give just about anything to be able to hire a cook.
20. Someday, I hope to work in a hospital.
21. No matter what time I go to bed at night, I try to get up at 4:54 a.m.
22. I learned to type when I was in the sixth grade and can still type pretty fast and accurately.
23. My favorite job so far was working a brainless data entry job for the post office.
24. I have written two children's books. One of them can't be published because it's too similar to something already published. The second one is waiting for an illustrator and publishing information. I started to write an adult book, but realized after two pages that I can't write descriptions well.
25. Although my IQ is average or above, Facebook is too complicated for me.

1 comment:

  1. I am in complete agreement about #10.

    Now when I talk to you, I'll be criticizing my own grammar in my head.

    It's best not to get hooked on Facebook. Just trust me on that.

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008