Friday, January 30, 2009

a bunch of little stuff

The book I just started today is SO interesting. A little too pro-choice, but I think that might change. Maybe that's why she's stressing the point so much -- to show how wrong she was before she had a child with Down syndrome who made her recognize how sacred human life is. The author writes a lot like Rachelle -- funny, sarcastic. It makes me laugh, but then sober up when she starts writing about her son.

The heat is fixed, thank God and Mountain Mechanical! It took almost ten hours to get back up to 72 degrees, but we finally made it :-) I had to miss lunch with Luke and Makenzie, but I made it to the very end of their lunch to hug and kiss them and then work at the computer for my 20-minute job.

MAC POWELL HAS ONE OF THE GREATEST VOICES EVER AND IS SUCH A TALENTED SONG-WRITER! I know that everyone else in this house is getting tired of hearing the same cd's over and over, but Seth and I LOVE hearing them!

I've gotten two comments from "anonymous" on here, and I'm a little worried. The comments are very nice, so I'm not complaining about them. I'm just wondering if whoever it is could e-mail me and identify himself or herself so I don't get paranoid about stalkers: polar_mom@hotmail.com. Or put your name and picture on your profile. Thanks for the encouraging comments, too!

I was asleep by 9:00 last night, but woke up at about 12:30 a.m. and had a little trouble going back to sleep. That made it VERY difficult to get up at 5 a.m.! I thought I was really doing an amazing thing -- going to bed at NINE O'CLOCK! But it didn't help much. And it won't be repeated tonight because I'm still on the computer, still have my little nighttime computer game/Third Day ritual to do and then read until my eyes start blurring.

Jason didn't feel like taking the kids to church for the Veggie Tales Family Fun Night, so we had our own family fun night -- pizza, popcorn, movie. It went very well for once! There were no major fights, no yelling, no crying. AMAZING! Maybe the kids are "growing up?" I can hope :-)
What kind of mother tells her five-year-old mischief maker to take care of her three-year-old? Let's just leave that unanswered! He did a good job, and I got the laundry finished. "All's well that ends well," right?

I can't figure out how to re-charge my mp3 player, and it's about to die. How annoying.


2 comments:

  1. I think I like Mac Powell a little too much. I could have paid $50 or $100 to join their fan club and could have met all of them before the concert. Up to that point I was unaware there was anyone else in the band besides Mac. Rachelle said she would have bought the membership. I told her since (and I repeat myself) I like Mac Powell a little TOO much, it's probably in the best interest of my marriage and dignity that I don't meet him face to face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can update your settings so that anonymous users are not allowed to post comments to you.

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008