Sunday, January 18, 2009

"fantastic" hair!




Luke and I went to Carrs today to cheer him up. Joel got peanut M&M's in Sunday School today, but wouldn't share any of them with Luke. He did, however, give one to Luke to bring in to me. That upset Luke, but he did it -- he carried that M&M that he wanted to eat all the way inside and upstairs to me and watched me eat it (I had headphones in my ears, so I didn't know he was saying that Joel hadn't shared with him until AFTER I'd eaten it or else I'd have given it to him). So I told him that when Dad got back, we'd go to Carrs and buy him a whole bag of M&M's just for him. He decided he didn't want M&M's, though -- jelly beans, instead. Anyway -- while Luke was sitting at the table eating jelly beans and looking at the Sonic comic book I'd bought him, I went to order coffee. The coffee girl gave me SUCH a nice compliment -- she said that my hair was "just fanTAStic!" And I'm shallow enough to admit that she MADE MY DAY! So the first picture today is Luke in his cutie-pie vest and me with my "fantastic" hair.

The second and third pictures are to show that Seth is feeling great. His eyes are pretty scary-looking, but they are quite obviously not bothering him. Click on the second picture to see it enlarged -- it shows the "yuckiness" pretty clearly.

I've read several chapters of Memory Keeper's Daughter, and it's not nearly as emotional as that first chapter! It's VERY interesting!!!!!

Time to vent: Jason informed me a little while ago that the inaugural ball is costing something like 200 MILLION dollars!! What sorry excuses for human beings could possibly think that it's acceptable to spend THAT much money on some STUPID PARTY when people are STARVING TO DEATH and living on the street all over the world and right here in our own country?????!!!!!! There are little children who are completely helpless that could actually USE that money to SURVIVE, but they're going to WASTE it on A STUPID PARTY!!!!!!!! I'm so angry about this, I'm shaking. I've always been irritated that hard-working people have to live from paycheck to paycheck, barely getting by when politicians make unbelievable amounts of money for doing practically nothing, or worse, for making mistakes. No government is perfect, no country is Eutopia, and I AM thankful for the many benefits of living in the U.S. BUT there is just so very much about this country that is unfair and just plain illogical. ok, I'm done -- not done being angry, but done writing about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008