Thursday, January 29, 2009

Joel's checkup

Every year sometime close to birthdays, I take the kids to the pediatrician for a checkup. Today was Joel's turn. Just a warning here -- possible inappropriate information coming up. Everything was going normal until the doctor asked Joel if he had any stomach problems. Joel didn't really know what the doctor was asking, so the doctor reworded the question to be more to the point.

dr: "Do you poop every day ok?"
joel: "no"
dr: "Well how often then?"
joel: "ummm, once a week?"
dr: "WHAT????!!!!!!"

I'm cracking up just typing this! "poop" talk shouldn't be this funny to a 36-year-old woman, but if you had heard that doctor's voice, you'd be laughing, too. He really thought he had a problem case lying there on his table. I stepped in at that point to inform the doctor that Joel was probably confused and that he does go almost every day. The doctor's look of complete relief also made me chuckle!

This is one of my favorite Joel pictures. He was concentrating on "reading" that movie box. I thought it went along nicely with this little story about "concentrating" in the bathroom:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008