Tuesday, January 20, 2009

music

I love to listen to music! So I put some songs on the bottom right side of this blog. If you click the play arrow, you can hear a little segment of each song (except "I Will not be Moved" and "Have you Ever?" -- those two play the full songs). If you click the white box to the right of the song title and then click "video," you'll see a little video and hear the entire song. Some of the videos are pretty lame, but at least the whole song plays. I love all kinds of music, but my favorites are songs that either have some great meaning (praising God, teaching a lesson, or something personal) or are just plain fun. I originally had the song "All I Wanna Do" by Sheryl Crow on here because that song is fun, but I took it off because the little segment of the song that played on here mentioned drinking beer and that's just not the part of the song that is the good part. Anyway -- music to me plays many different roles. It's encouragement when I'm depressed, background noise when I can't handle silence, rhythm when I need to MOVE, motivation when I need to do things I don't feel like doing (like cleaning or cooking), and stimulus for deeper thinking/personal growth/worship. Just thought I'd share that little piece of myself since nothing happened today worth writing about -- except the kids DID get to go to school and Seth did well in therapy today :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008