Monday, January 5, 2009

WE'RE GOING!!!!!!!!!!!

Jason just called to tell me that Darryl just gave him two tickets to the Third Day concert this Saturday night!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!! WOOOOOHOOOO!!!! WE'RE GOING TO SEE THIRD DAY IN JUST FIVE DAYS!!!!!!

I try to keep quiet around most people so that no one finds out how very strange I really am, but I started this journal partly to let out all my strangeness without having to see people's "you're a little weird" looks. I'm SO excited about this concert, but I have to prepare myself starting right now for the anxiety of being downtown and of being in such a large crowd and also for the let-down of seeing the band walk off the stage. At the end of something so awesome is the feeling of satisfaction and also depression -- satisfaction and even a sort of "high" from experiencing something so amazing, but also depression from knowing that it's over and I'm really just an onlooker and not part of it. My new year's resolution is going to be put to the test -- just BE THANKFUL that I got to experience it and not even allow the depression. The Bible puts it this way: "Take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ."
"In everything, give thanks." And there are many other parts of Scripture that instruct thankfulness instead of discontent.

Anyway, I really am sincerely sorry that Darryl and Amanda don't get to go, but I am just beside myself with excitement about this --

THANK YOU, DARRYL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008