Sunday, February 8, 2009

another week's begun

This week has a few appointments. I try to space them out to one a day, but that doesn't always work out. Today ended up being a good day. I didn't think it would be since a headache started yesterday morning and got worse and worse all day. I went to bed thinking it would be gone when I woke up, but several things prevented that: Makenzie wanted me to sleep in her bed, so I stayed in there for a little while. But then I did fall asleep and woke up at 10 p.m. with a worse headache and a little kink in my neck -- her bed and pillows are not quite right for me. Then the phone rang at 11:30 p.m. (work call for Jason). Then I woke up about ten more times, probably subconsciously checking to see if the headache was gone. I finally gave up at 6 a.m. and figured the headache was staying and I'd just have to do my best to crawl through the day. It wasn't a migraine, so I didn't feel right about calling in sick for my nursery ministry. I was just hoping there would be no loud criers or, God forbid, any screamers (some one-year-olds just don't handle separation from mommy well at ALL). Thankfully, all the children were pretty happy to see me this morning :-) I still didn't progress to a migraine, so I stayed for church (which was good since Preacher gave a sermon about how important it is to physically GO to church services). Seth and I went home for lunch and naptime, and I still didn't have a migraine (maybe because I'd taken six ibuprofen by this time). When Joel got home, we went to Starbucks for coffee, some reading, and a few games of hangman :-) Still no migraine -- amazing! I THOROUGHLY enjoyed the music at church tonight! Definitely glad I went to church tonight. And by the time church was over, I had only the shadow of a memory of a headache :-)

The other day, Seth was saying everyone's names in our family and I noticed a little problem:
Daddy = "Dad"
Mommy = "Bom"
Joel = "Doe"
Makenzie = "Ess"
Luke = "Ook"
Seth = "Ass"
(chuckle chuckle -- I guess I need to work a little harder on getting him to say the beginning sounds of words! Then at least it might come out "Sass.")

I did a little survey on facebook about remembering when my first child was born. I attached these two pictures to it -- one of Joel's first days and one from just today :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008