Friday, February 20, 2009

i forgot my camera

I keep forgetting to carry my camera around to get pictures to put on here (and to send to my mom). This was "spirit week" at school, so the teachers and kids all dressed up crazy each day (my kids, not so crazy because I forgot all about spirit week). Thursday, Jason dressed up as a pirate. If anyone took a picture of him and shares it with me, I'll put it on here because he looked hilarious! He put his beard in two little pony tails and got a great costume.

Today was the speech meet for Joel and Makenzie. Joel recited a fable, and Makenzie recited a poem. They both received blue ribbons for their work. Those two kiddos are so completely different. The day Makenzie got her poem for this event, she stayed up late memorizing it even though the speech meet was still over two weeks away. Joel just finished memorizing his story a couple days ago. He had us and his teacher pretty worried, especially since his teacher had picked him to go to the speech meet even though he hadn't done the prerequisite work of memorizing the piece before the final pick. Anyway, it all worked out nicely :-)

Today's Friday, Happy Meals for the Hofackers Day :-) Actually, Makenzie has decided to branch out and start getting the ranch snack wraps. The important thing on this weekly holiday is that everyone is fed and I don't have to cook -- we're all happy :-)

The sun was up this morning at EIGHT O'CLOCK!!!!! I'm SO very excited about this!! The darkness has made me feel so sleepy this year and has, I'm sure, contributed to many bouts of depression. I hope this will be a MUCH sunnier summer than the last one (as I'm positive every Alaska resident is hoping)!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008