Wednesday, February 11, 2009

irritation and relief

First, the irritation. Apparently, Aussie has stopped making their "Moist Leave-In Conditioner." I can't find it anywhere -- went to two Walmarts, two Fred Meyers, several websites, can't find it :-( Today was, therefore, a VERY bad hair day! I bought some spray kind of leave-in conditioner, but I'm not holding much hope for success with it. This is a piddly little thing, I KNOW, but it's the little things that really irritate!

Now, for some RELIEF: Luke and Seth saw their orthopedist today. They were pretty well-behaved, but that's not even the best part. Seth's feet and legs are growing correctly so well that he doesn't need to wear his brace anymore at all (which is definitely a relief since he hasn't been wearing it much -- when he's having trouble breathing, he can't wear it unless I want to sit up all night holding him so that he can breathe; after the eye surgery, he hasn't worn it because I didn't want him to have to deal with two discomforts). And Luke's feet are doing great, too! The doctor could stretch Luke's well past a ninety-degree angle -- YAY! Then he had Luke stand on the edge of a stool and drop his heels down. I was shocked at how far down they could go! Luke was pretty uncomfortable, but stretching anything tight is always uncomfortable. He really needs to stretch on his incline board for five minutes twice every day. I'm going to have to get better at making him do that!! Both boys' feet looked so good that they don't have to go back for a whole year!

Now on to Valentine's Day preparations, birthday party grocery shopping and house cleaning. Then there will be the birthday party cooking and cleaning up. Then THANK GOODNESS, no more birthdays for me to take care of for over two months!

Here's a confession: I HATE TO COOK!!! (oh yeah, I've said that many times before, haven't I?) I'm pretty much "at the end of my rope" on finding things to eat. Tonight, we're having baked chicken marinated in Thousand Island dressing. I don't know if it's a good idea to cook that stuff, but I'm doing it and hoping no one gets sick from it. We had bbq chicken on Monday, so I couldn't do that one again. I need to do a better job of meal planning, but that idea will have to wait until Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. Check out www.naturallycurly.com They'll have all sorts of advice for you and your conditioner dilemma!

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008