Wednesday, February 4, 2009

kids

I decided to take snapshots of all four kids yesterday. Seth's always with me, so I take lots of pictures of him. Makenzie's the only girl, and I can think of all kinds of excuses to take pictures of her. Joel and Luke are usually either too busy or too grouchy to get their pictures taken. How many pictures can I take of them playing the wii before people think that's all they do when they're home?

Seth looked just ADORABLE in his little overalls outfit! He saw the cardiologist today -- charmed her, of course! His heart seems to be perfectly healthy, and he doesn't go back to the cardiologist for TWO years unless (God forbid!) something goes wrong between now and then (such as passing out or a significant, consistent loss in his activity level). From birth until about age one, he saw the cardiologist every month or two. After he was completely healed after his heart surgery in 2006, he saw her yearly. Now it's every two years because he's doing so well -- praise God!


Luke was headed downstairs when I stopped him to give him some instructions. When I prompted him for a response like "OK?" he turned around with this devilish little grin and said "ok." I on purpose didn't remove the red eyes because they add to the sense of mischief surrounding this child.


Makenzie is still too afraid to get her ears pierced and can't even wear normal clip-on earrings because they hurt her ears. So she sometimes wears these little play earrings. She's trying really hard to work up the courage to get them pierced, though. She really wants to wear the pretty earrings that I've made and/or bought for her.

Joel wanted me to take a serious picture of him, but I kept making him laugh -- which is NOT a difficult task. He's easy to "give the cracks." That's a phrase he made up one night after his bath. He said something that made me laugh out loud, and he said, "Mom, I just love it when you get the cracks!"

1 comment:

  1. In that first picture, Seth looks 100% H******r!! Wow!!

    Your kids are very cute. I left while Luke (I think) was a baby and having his surgeries. I'm so happy to see how well he's doing.

    When is Mackenzie's birthday? I heard what Grandma was getting her for her birthday!! Amber has two. We can talk ALLLLLLLL about it - I know more than I ever thought I would. Our Barnes & Noble here has a free AG party every second Tuesday. Free and FUN!

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008