Saturday, March 14, 2009

Let the walking BEGIN!

Yay for the beautiful sun!!!!! I went for my first walk of the year tonight. I only walked for twenty minutes, but it's a start. I forgot to check the temperature, but it felt like about 35 -- not too cold since I had on a long-sleeved t-shirt, short-sleeved t-shirt, fleece jacket, fluffy gloves, and an ear warmer headband :-) oh, I also had on pants, socks, and shoes -- guess I'd better make that clear just in case that wasn't assumed. I had my cell phone in hand (my version of pepper spray, I guess) and my mp3 player strapped to my arm (playing Third Day, of course -- I wonder if I'll ever feel like listening to something else?). The snow was all hard-packed most of my route. One section of road was a little messy/icy, but not too bad. It was BEAUTIFUL on the trail I always walk on! I've REALLY missed these walks -- glad to be starting them back up!

I'm not sure if I've ever written about my feelings toward television, but I feel like discussing it now. I don't like t.v. in general. I think it's a waste of time -- not that I'm the queen of wise time management (obviously -- here I sit typing on the computer). I just don't like wasting my time watching anything that's on t.v. I was VERY upset when I found out that we have to wait until this summer to switch everything over to digital! I was REALLY looking forward to our t.v. reception coming to an END! The one exception to this dislike is "Grey's Anatomy." I LOVE that show! Our t.v. reception went wacko sometime last year, though, so I missed a few episodes (or maybe a whole season, I don't remember). I can't just jump back in now, I have to watch the dvd's. So I started over with season one, borrowing them from the library. I'm on season two now. We only get to keep the library movies for one week unless no one else wants them -- then we can renew them twice, I think. Someone else wanted season two, though, so I had to turn it back in yesterday :-( But good news! There are three copies, and someone returned one of the copies today, so I raced over there and checked it out again :-) I'll be watching an episode as soon as I get off the computer!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008