Sunday, March 8, 2009

Luke at church :-)

Just think about the title of this post. Are you chuckling already? If you know Luke at all, you probably are! Tonight, he decided that he wanted to hear my heartbeat. Then he wanted to feel my heartbeat, but said, "Mom, I don't feel your heart beeping!" That's not a typo, either. He often gets words close, but incorrect :-) It makes conversations with him VERY entertaining!

Then when it was time for people to be baptized, he remembered that he wanted to be baptized. I had forgotten to really talk to him about why we get baptized, so I said that he'd have to wait until next week. The service ended, and we all got up to leave -- except Luke. He considerately put his feet up on the pew to let everyone else get past him. He had decided to sit right there until the next opportunity to be baptized! Thankfully, I had a mission to give him: we have to find his Bible in which I had written the date that he asked Jesus to be his Saviour because Pastor Tony would probably ask for that date before baptizing him. Whew -- Luke came home with me :-)

On a little side note -- I did something that I've never really done before: refuse to make allowances for a headache. I've had a migraine all day, been close to passing out a couple times, very close to upchucking several times. I decided, though, that I was going to ignore it and go to church anyway and not allow physical pain to change how I treat the kids (i.e. no yelling or be snippy with them at all, but trying instead to be more patient and kind than ever). I still have the headache, I couldn't stand up during any of the standing portions of the church service (which I HATE because that made me conspicuous which I always try very hard NOT to be!), but I didn't pass out or puke or really yell at the kids (only once and it wasn't really yelling). I am glad that the day is finally over :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008