Friday, March 13, 2009

sledding :-)

Since there was no school today, we went sledding with some friends from church. I had forgotten how much fun sledding could be (it's been a good fifteen years since the last time I went sledding -- in VIRGINIA!). I had gotten all the kids in their snow gear, but didn't even think about putting snow clothes on myself until my friend got to my house with hers on. I quickly gathered up Jason's snow pants and boots (since I don't own snow pants and my boots are covered and filled with sawdust because they've been under Rich and Jason's work station out in the garage for about four years), got my thickest coat, and headed out. Thankfully, our friends brought good sleds because ours turned out to be real duds! I was worried that Seth wouldn't like to walk in the snow or would be hard to "contain," but he REALLY enjoyed himself.
My friend and I took turns sledding with him and then pulling him back up the hill. That was quite exhausting, but the ride down the hill was GREAT!
I'm sure I looked more like a big child than a 36-year-old "lady" while I was squealing and sliding down a snowy hill, but WOW! did I ever have fun :-)

Makenzie was so helpful with Seth! If he fell down while walking in the snow, she helped him up. She even pulled him up the hill (or partway up while I took a picture :-)
Joel and Luke tried to sled together, but it didn't work very well.
Joel hit his foot on a rock trying to stop himself, so he had to take a little break :-)
He, of course, recovered pretty quickly so that he could sled with me :-) Seth didn't even mind waiting at the top of the hill with Makenzie.

And so the overall rating of this day is definitely an A+ The kids said they'd like to do this every weekend. I'm suspending judgment on that request until I see how my body feels tomorrow :-)

1 comment:

  1. Darrin and I took the kids to Moose Hill on Friday too! What time were you there? We went around 2:30pm. It was a blast! Even Joshy liked it. He walked his short little self up that hill several times without complaint. I was so proud.

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008