Saturday, March 28, 2009

stupid, stupid, and more stupid

This is a STUPID day! I've been running non-stop since 6 a.m.! I'm exhausted! My neck, shoulders, and back are SO tense and sore. The morning was good, not stupid: had breakfast, changed the sheets, started the laundry, went to Walmart, picked up Makenzie from her first overnight birthday party (side note -- she was so tired, she begged me to let her take a nap and then was pretty grouchy the rest of the evening, but at least she had fun at the party), got lunch from McDonald's, put Seth in bed for a nap.

The day went downhill from there:
1. I made a chocolate cake for Rich and Darryl's birthday party tomorrow. I was almost out of flour, so I bought a cake mix. Yuck. Not super-yuck, but not yum like my cakes usually are. And I don't have enough flour to make another one.
2. Next I made doughnuts. I didn't feel like taking the time to find the one-cup measuring cup, so I used the 1/2-cup which was right next to me. The recipe called for three cups of flour and I was doubling the recipe, so that would be twelve half-cups. Somewhere in my brain, that got confused and I thought that I needed twelve half-cups TWICE. I stopped after a total of 21 half-cups. STUPID! I realized my mistake when I started stirring and the batter was like a ROCK. So I had to add more eggs and milk to make it a triple batch. The whole doughnut-making experience lasted a good hour and a half, and they're not even 100% good (maybe 75-80% good, but for all that time, they should be perfect).
3. Next, I made pizza for dinner. I had run out of rice flour completely, so I had to use my second-best pizza dough recipe (which isn't nearly as good as the best one, but it's better than nothing). I didn't measure something correctly because the dough was WAY to moist instead of firm like pizza dough's supposed to be. Then I burned the stupid thing because I was writing down all the books Joel read to Luke. (Luke gets library credit at school when anyone reads to him -- I had sent the boys downstairs to get their loud selves away from my stressed self and Joel decided to read Luke all the Dr. Seuss books that he could find:-)
4. Remember I HATE to cook, but I wanted to make the cake for the party and I wanted to take doughnuts to my nursery tomorrow and I wanted to eat pizza for dinner. The only way to accomplish any of those is to cook. :-(
5. My cd player isn't working. The radio works, but I wore out the cd player. So I listened to K-LOVE which was ANNOYING because they play certain songs at least three times every day. If I wanted to listen to the same songs over and over, I'd buy the cd! The good part was that they play at least one Third Day song every hour. Those people need help with their song line-up! I can tolerate cooking a little better if I can listen to music, but not music that I don't particularly like. Third Day and Sarah Kelly are my first and second choices -- the radio would be somewhere around 30 on my list, but that was my only choice today :-(

So now Jason and the kids are downstairs watching Meet the Robinsons while I'm here venting. Next I'm going to watch an episode of Grey's Anatomy because I'm TAKING A BREAK before I break down completely! I hope I can stay awake long enough after the kids go to bed to read. I'm thinking I need to cut back on the computer time to make more room for reading time.

I'm also thinking that this whole post is like shouting out to everyone that I'm LOONEY!
:-)

2 comments:

  1. KLOVE can get a bit irritating! They have a sister station, Air1, that plays harder rock stuff and I like it A LOT more. You can listen to Air1 online. Have you heard of Pandora.com? The BEST free music station ever. You can create your own stations. And yes, I have a Third Day station!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your are FAR from loony! I think that you are just a great mom and wife taking care of her family :)

    I'd have to agree with the radio thing. I cant stand multiple songs in one day... but I hope the night was more then a bit relaxing!

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008