Thursday, April 2, 2009

Brand New Day!

My Bible reading this morning was GREAT, so I want to share it here:

LESSON 1:

". . . a new day is sacred: a gift from God . . . A new day brings with it another opportunity to start all over, to raise one's head from the pillow with a glad heart . . . We must learn to not ever take for granted -- no matter how pain-filled our life -- that we are ALIVE . . . " (Karen Burton Mains)

"You are a shield around me, O LORD; You bestow glory on me and lift up my head. To the LORD I cry aloud, and He answers me from His holy hill. I lie down and sleep; I awake again because the LORD sustains me" (Psalm 3:3-5)

"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness" (Lamentations 3:22-23)

"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast because he trusts You. Trust in the LORD forever for the LORD . . . is the Rock eternal . . . You have established peace for us; all that we have accomplished, You have done for us" (Isaiah 26:3-12)

Sometimes, life just seems STUPID! And sometimes, life is painful -- physically, emotionally, and mentally. But it only seems like that when I forget why I'm here. I'm not here for my own purposes; I'm here to serve God, love God, and glorify God. Realizing that He gave me another day to WAKE UP and try AGAIN to fulfill the mission He has for me to do SHOULD make me THANKFUL, happy, excited, GLAD to still be ALIVE. And even the painful parts are for His glory and my learning/strengthening. Click the "back" arrow button to come back here after you listen to "Brand New Day" by Sarah Kelly.


LESSON 2:

"When Your judgments come upon the earth, the people of the world learn righteousness. Though grace is shown to the wicked, they do not learn righteousness; even in a land of uprightness they go on doing evil and regard not the majesty of the LORD" (Isaiah 26:9-10)

I do NOT want to fall into that category of "the wicked" who are shown mercy but don't learn the lesson of "stop sinning, follow Christ." Listen to "Did you Mean It?" by Third Day!

I want to say again that I'm NOT preaching here to anyone but myself. This is what God showed ME today for ME to learn. If it encourages and/or convicts someone else, I'm glad, but I'm in no position to lecture anyone but myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008