Monday, April 13, 2009

Mondays

Mondays are ultra-scheduled days for me. Not because anyone really wants the details to that statement, but because I'm feeling overwhelmed with keeping the schedule straight, here's the list of Monday activities:
5 a.m. get myself ready
6 a.m. get kitchen ready for breakfast
6:30 a.m. breakfast/kids get ready for school
7:30 a.m. get Seth ready (bath, breakfast)
8:15 a.m. leave for Seth's speech therapy (Today was an exception to the normal routine because I realized at 6:29 a.m. that the only breakfast food in the house was instant grits. The older three kids ate them without complaint, probably because I loaded them up with cinnamon, white sugar, and brown sugar. So Seth and I had to leave as soon as the others left at 8 a.m. to run to Carrs for more breakfast food so that Seth could have more than applesauce for breakfast.)
9:45 a.m. stop by Radio Espresso for my Monday treat on the way to . . .
10 a.m. lunch with Luke
11:15 a.m. lunch at home
12 noon naptime :-) While Seth is going to sleep, I type on here then make dinner, do laundry, clean anything that I feel like cleaning, sometimes iron, sometimes pick up junk all over the house, watch a movie, or read.
2 p.m. get Seth up and alternate between playing something productive for his developmental learning and watching Signing Time (with finishing up laundry in there somewhere)
3:30 p.m. finish getting dinner ready
4 p.m. kids come home, eat dinner
5 p.m. clean up kitchen, boys get ready for wrestling practice
5:30 p.m. piano lessons for Makenzie
6:30 p.m. bath for Makenzie
7:15 p.m. boys home from practice, get kids ready for bed, read a chapter of whatever book we're reading, GOOD NIGHT kiddos, on the computer again, read, SLEEP

Whew! Actually, most days are similar to this -- many days I'm wondering why in the world I volunteered for this career! But then I hear God reminding me that this is where He wants me right now, and I see and hear my four precious angel babies and I'm thankful:
1. I'm able to at least attempt to succeed at this part of life
2. I only have minimal financial stress on top of that whole schedule
3. God provides supernatural as well as human support and encouragement
4. there are so many little things to smile about apart from #1-3 (such as music, nature, books, exercise, yummy food, this list could go on for quite awhile)

This morning, I read an incredible reminder (which doesn't have a whole lot to do with this post, but that's ok):
"God is light; in Him, there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with Him yet walk in the darkness, WE LIE and do NOT live by the truth. But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin" (I John 1:5-7).
This idea is put to music in this five-minute song. One of my favorite songs!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008