Wednesday, April 29, 2009

poor Luke

My poor little Luke got in some big trouble today! Someone tattled on him (btw -- I HATE tattling!!!!! and this particular child ENJOYS tattling!) for putting a pencil on his eye. Luke's teacher is VERY conscientious about her students' well-being and was pretty upset by the tattler's information. When she asked Luke if it was true, Luke denied the charges. Luke's teacher is also VERY good at reading people's eyes and body language to detect lying. She knew that Luke was lying (I haven't quite developed this skill yet -- I thought Luke was telling the truth). Halfway down the hallway from lunch back to their classroom, Luke started looking around "furtively" and then started shaking. He confessed to his teacher that he had, in fact, done what the tattler had accused him of. So Mrs. Anker walked Luke back down to the cafeteria to apologize to me for lying and to get his spanking for playing dangerously with a pencil and then for lying about it. The poor kid was so upset about making his teacher angry and about getting into trouble. Even though I had to spank him, I gave him more hugs and kisses and "I love you's" than discipline. His teacher and I both said at least five times that he'd better not ever play with pencils again or lie to us!

After dinner tonight, I was holding Luke while we finished watching a movie. I asked him to give me a good hug. He said that he couldn't because he didn't have any hugs left. He had given his last one to Mrs. Anker. At bedtime the little turkey said that Seth's toy monkey had locked up all his hugs, but maybe if he got under his covers he could find the key. Thank goodness he found the key! Life just wouldn't be the same without my Luke hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008