Thursday, April 23, 2009

THIRD DAY in Illinois

First of all, I forgot to get some of the pictures on here yesterday. Seth got to sit up on a tractor at my aunt's house. He was a little nervous about that, so he was only up there for a few seconds.
I wrote yesterday about going to my "adopted" grandparents' house, but didn't have a picture on my camera. Mom took a good one, though. This is my Grandpa Dale and Grandma Waneta:
Now for our THIRD DAY in Illinois (if you've been reading this blog very long, you should've expected the title of today's adventures). We started out the morning by going to my Uncle Jim and Aunt Linda's house. Seth loved them and their apartment -- they have their grandkids over a lot, too, so they're all ready for little ones to play. Uncle Jim got out the perfect toy for Seth, very similar to a toy he's been working on for at least a year in occupational therapy. So Seth got a little bit of therapy in today :-)
Then we went over to my cousin Dan's house (even though he wasn't home) to meet his wife, Elizabeth and their two children, Katie . . .
. . . and Brandon :-)

After visiting awhile and enjoying the kids' funny talking and running around, Aunt Linda took Seth and me to visit my dad's mom, Grandma Wilma. Seth again found a kleenex to play with. When he got one all torn up, Grandma gave him two more :-)
Aunt Linda taught Seth to smooth out the kleenex, hold it up, and blow on it to make it flutter. He loved that little trick :-)
After some lunch, Mom took us to do a little shopping. We'll have to finish that tomorrow morning, though since we ran out of time today. We picked up my nephew Declan from school, went to say hi to his mom at Starbucks (I'll be going back to see her -- and her workplace :-) -- again Saturday morning!), and then finally got to see my brother John and my oldest nephew Nathan. Nathan played a little roll-the-ball-back-and-forth with Seth :-)
Nathan and Declan are SWEET boys, and posed so nicely for me to take a picture (with their treehouse in the background).
This is my "little" brother John :-)
I also finally got to meet Jenny, who will become my sister-in-law this Saturday. We didn't get to talk long because she's a hair stylist and had to cut John's, Nathan's, and Declan's hair before they went to pick up their tuxes for the wedding.
For dinner tonight, we went to my cousins Laura and Brad's. Their little boy, Brady, played very nicely with Seth and even shared all his toys and helped Seth play ball.
Brad and Laura's daughter, Briana, tried to help Seth pet their cat, but Seth just looked at him.

My Aunt Vic and Uncle Lyle ate and visited with us, too :-) We had such a nice evening -- lots of laughing :-)
Something was wrong with our phone today, so I haven't talked to Makenzie all day and only got to talk to Joel and Luke for a minute this afternoon :-( Time to post this and call home :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008