Tuesday, April 28, 2009

vacation's over!

Today was a "back to normal" day. I got to be the first one to see, hug, and kiss my three older cuties and eat breakfast with them :-) In this picture, Luke is holding his new teddy bear from Grammy Ruth. When he was all ready for school, I asked him if he was taking his new bear to school to have at naptime. He said, "No, I'm keeping it here -- with ME." Poor little guy. He likes school while he's there, but he doesn't want to go or be there if he's with me. My little mama's boy :-)Ahh -- sweet naptime :-) One of the most precious times for a mother! Seth was ready for a nap after being at the school with Dad for about two hours. My father-in-law called this morning to ask me to work the first three lunches, so our early naptime got switched to a later, shorter naptime -- which works out better in the "long run" because it'll be easier for Seth to fall asleep tonight.
I pretty much got all caught up on laundry and unpacking. Tomorrow, I'll have to catch up on Luke's birthday planning and shopping.

Tonight was the last night of wrestling practice for the boys. Their state tournament is this weekend, and then wrestling will be over for another year :-) After practice tonight, the coaches gave out trophies for each boy's efforts. The coach who gave Luke's trophy told Luke to show him his muscles. Luke gladly obliged :-)
This picture of Joel is a little dark, but notice how tall this child is! He's a big kid! This was Joel's fifth year to wrestle. He's getting better and better at the sport and hopes to continue working at it so that he can add his name to the "wall of fame" -- Jason has painted each A.C.S. high school state champion's name on the gym wall.
I'm really dragging right now -- I went to bed at about midnight, but had a hard time falling asleep and had to get up at 5 a.m. today to get ready and do all my "mom stuff." I don't do naps since they just make me feel groggy for the rest of the day. If I'm going to sleep, it has to be for several hours straight.

The weather is BEAUTIFUL up here right now -- sunny, high 50's, maybe even low 60's! The sun was so hot coming in the windows this afternoon that the house heated up to 74! We have the windows open, and I'm going to really enjoy my walk tonight -- if I don't fall asleep in the middle of the road :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008