Friday, May 1, 2009

beautiful spring

I'm not going to get my hopes up (well, that's a lie -- I'm already making BIG summer plans), but this spring is looking GREAT! I think I've experienced severe weather let downs three times in the thirteen summers that I've been in Alaska -- May is beautiful, sunny, makes me all ready for suntans and backyard baby pools, but then when school gets out, the sun goes away until September when it's too late to really enjoy it. In a place that gets very little sun for six months every year, we REALLY need the sun from June to August!

Tonight, I walked with Makenzie and Seth. Makenzie rode her bike, and Seth rode in my 1970 vintage baby jogger. I've got to get a picture of this thing -- it's definitely an oldie but a goodie! A friend found it at a garage sale about ten years ago, and I have used it well. It's starting to fall apart, but I'm hoping it holds out for just a couple more years until Seth can learn to ride a bike.

Jason, Joel, and Luke are at the state wrestling tournament. Luke wrestled today and got sixth place. He told me on the phone that he wanted to get sixth place since yesterday was his sixth birthday :-) Joel wrestled Grecco today (I have no idea what that means, but he'd never done it before and wanted to try it). Having never tried this before, he didn't place, but he enjoyed trying it. He wrestles freestyle (his normal wrestling) tomorrow.

Since the three oldest boys are gone, Makenzie and I are going to have a little sleep-over. We're going to watch a Barbie movie (Rapunzel) and sleep in my big bed. Fun girl time :-)

1 comment:

  1. Is the tournament in Palmer? I have a friend from Fairbanks whose son is wrestling in Palmer this weekend. She talked about the whole Greco thing and I have no clue what that means, either.

    So CUTE that Luke wanted to get 6th place!!! My kids are the same way. Whatever age they are is somehow miraculously their favorite number, too :-)

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008