Wednesday, May 27, 2009

boating with Makenzie

Yesterday we got to be with Gavin all morning! YAY!! We love that little guy!! We took him to the park with us. Since we were meeting some friends (a friend for Joel and a friend for me), Luke and Makenzie were in charge of entertaining and protecting the little guys. They did a great job! This picture is of Luke and Gavin resting after climbing up the giant grassy hill :-)

Later in the afternoon, Makenzie and I took the boat out on the lake. It was a BEAUTIFUL day to be outside!!!! We are the little speck right in the middle of this picture. We row and drift out until we start getting a little close to the far bank, then we row back. The water was COLD -- I know this first because I was a little bit hot and put my fingers in to cool off and also because when I tried to get out of the boat back up at the bank, I submerged the end of the boat and soaked my rear end. The funniest part of this excursion was from Makenzie: when we had rowed out to the middle of the lake, Makenzie announced pretty loudly, "LET THE GIGGLING BEGIN!"

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're getting nice weather to use your boat!!! Here's to a whole summer of nice weather for you guys.

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008