Tuesday, May 26, 2009

graduation party

Last night, we celebrated Luke's kindergarten graduation. I had to remind him a few times why we were having a party. He had pretty much forgotten that he had graduated last Wednesday. We had a big cookout -- hamburgers and hot dogs (using Darryl's new giant grill), chips, cold salads, and soda.

The kids loved running around in the back yard. Gavin looked ADORABLE with his little sunglasses on!
Luke and Seth both wore their dinosaur t-shirts (Luke's request) :-)

Joel lifted Gavin all the way up into this swing by himself! What a big kid -- and what a good helper with the little guys!

Makenzie is growing so fast now -- she was pretty upset that she was too big to swing on either swingset. She can sit on the swings and barely swing, but the swingset dips and shakes if she swings even a little bit normally.

This was Joel's swing trick -- he is also too big for the swingsets obviously :-)

I put Luke, Seth, and Gavin at this little picnic table. Luke and Gavin did an ok job of eating some of their food and staying seated. Seth, however, did not! In the process of trying to get up from his seat, he knocked his plate on the ground. Jason picked up all the food, put it back on the plate, and put the plate and Seth back at the table. Not even a minute later, Seth dumped the plate again.
So we brought the high chair outside so that he might understand that he was supposed to be eating -- since apparently the plate full of food wasn't a big enough hint. I think he played with his sunglasses more than he ate. When he was tired of eating hot dogs that had grown cold, he started flinging them across the yard. I guess I'd better think about working on table manners with my sweet little angel baby.

After we ate all we could hold, Luke got to open congratulations presents. He decided to open them in the swimming pool since there was no water in it.

After the gift opening, we had cake and ice cream :-) I wrote "Good job, LUKE!" on the cake.
Two of Luke's gifts were this Superman shirt and the cowboy set -- he looked SO cute in the hat! But I soon had to confiscate the whip!

Now I rarely put pictures anywhere of myself -- I'm not very photogenic, and I rarely like any pictures taken of me. But I must vainly say that I liked the look of my feet yesterday :-) The nail polish, the rings, the sandals, the start of a slight tan -- it all just looked pretty decent to me even if the rest of me was not "photo worthy." (Does anyone really like the way they look in most pictures?)

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008