Monday, May 25, 2009

lovin Alaska lately

This is one of the most BEAUTIFUL springs we've ever had, in my opinion. Spring is usually pretty nice, but this year is just amazing! Maybe I'm so appreciative of the good weather because it's been an entire YEAR since we've had any real sun and warm temperatures.

Yesterday, we went to the track team's cookout on the church's big field. The kids loved the freedom of being able to RUN, especially Seth. He ran all the way across the field (used to be a football field, I think).

When Makenzie left her drink on the ground so that she could go play, Seth walked over to steal some sips :-)


And then came over by me to sit in a comfy chair and steal a drink from Luke's cup. Obviously, the whole concept of "germs" doesn't matter at all to Seth!


Very rarely does Joel say that he had a great time without some kind of "but." Yesterday, though, he had a great time. He got to eat and drink whatever he wanted and however much he wanted. He got to run around and play FREE, no babysitting. Some of the teenagers even included him in their games, which just made Joel's day!

Luke had fun (although this picture looks like he's not -- I think I just didn't push the button at the right time). He plays SO hard, so the freedom of "running loose" was great for him. He got to play a little bit with his friend Jaycob on the playground, and then he got to shoot some baskets with his friend Caleb and Caleb's parents and sister.

Makenzie is usually the one with "babysitting duty," but she doesn't mind (most of the time, anyway). She's good at helping Seth climb up and down and stay where he's supposed to stay.


Seth quickly learned to climb up the steps to the slide all by himself. He was pretty happy -- obviously :-)


This morning was the 1/2-off everything sale at Value Village (probably my very favorite store!). They opened at 8 a.m., and I walked in the door at about 8:05! I was in there for over two hours and spent over $100, but found lots of books for the kids and clothes for Jason and me. I'm pretty sure that I'm the biggest tightwad ever born, so getting a pair of jeans for $5 or a great shirt for $3.50 just about makes me giddy!

2 comments:

  1. About 10 was when Austin really started pulling away - in a good and healthy way. But it was very hard on me. I remember one conversation while we were camping and he yelled, "You always treat me like a baby." Ouch. That hurt.

    I had to tell him that I would try to not treat him like a baby, but he's been young for so long that I was having a hard time changing.

    We have both somehow managed to survive :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in VV two days before and I told myself not to forget to go on Monday and I FORGOT! Glad you found some screaming deals!

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008