Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Luke graduated :-)

Luke graduated from kindergarten this morning -- YAY LUKE!!! He's SUCH a cutie in his little cap and gown :-)Although he quite obviously doesn't understand the importance of it, Luke had the highest phonics grade in his class. That's what the trophy in his hand is for. The medal around his neck is the principal's merit award for good behavior. Every child in Luke's class got the medal this year. (and this mom is saying "WHEW!" I wasn't expecting that one!)
Yesterday, Luke showed his teacher some scratches on his arm. His teacher gave the scratches a little tap -- kindof an "aww, don't whine, you're tough." Luke didn't even flinch from the slight pain that might have caused, but said, "Now THAT'S not going to help it any." The kid is pretty tough (and funny).

This afternoon, Seth went to the ear, nose, and throat doctor to check the tubes in his ears. The doctor could see the tubes, but couldn't tell if they were in place or coming out. So we have to pay close attention to Seth's hearing. If he seems to not be hearing as well, we'll have to take him to the audiologist a little early and possibly take him to surgery to have the old tubes removed and new ones inserted (not a real "surgery" in my opinion since it only takes about ten minutes -- let's call it a "procedure" -- much less scary for his mother). On the walk down the long hallway to the doctor's office, I asked Seth if he wanted to hold my hand. He yelled at me (his version of "NO, I can walk all by myself!") I quietly told him to please not yell at me next time, but to just sign "No, thank you." A little way down the hall, I asked him again if he wanted to hold my hand. HE SIGNED "No, thank you." !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had only told him ONCE!!!!!!! And then on the way out of the doctor's office, I told Seth to put the book that he had in his hand back into the book basket. HE DID IT!!!!!! Again, I only told him ONCE!!!!!!!!!!! YAY FOR SETH'S DIRECTIONS-FOLLOWING SKILLS TODAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008