Thursday, May 7, 2009

nothing new

This will be a boring post because nothing new is going on around here and I don't even have any pictures of my adorable children :-( I'm afraid I'm very tired and VERY grouchy! The end of the school year is way too stressful, even for parents. I can't imagine being a gradeschool teacher!

Tomorrow, I'll be go-go-going pretty much the entire day and evening. The kids have to leave for school at 7:30, Joel has a band concert at 8:45 (I have strict instructions from him that I have no choice, I MUST be there!), I work from 10:30 - noon, Makenzie has a field trip to the zoo and Seth and I are meeting them out there at 12:30 (I hope I make that one on time!), then pick up all the kids at 3 (including Joel's friend who is spending the night), make sure Luke doesn't interfere in the older boys' fun all evening -- whew! I'm going to be READY to sleep when I drop into bed tomorrow night!

I'm not so good with schedule changes and tomorrow is a bundle of changes. Maybe I'll be able to just focus on enjoying everything -- Joel's concert, being with Makenzie at the zoo, playing with Luke and Seth, seeing Joel have fun with a friend, those are all nice things. I need to ignore Satan's attempts to ruin all of that! I should have a Bible verse to stand against him, but honestly I'm just too tired to think of a fitting one. Maybe I'll read the exactly right passage tomorrow morning -- that would be GREAT. But if I don't, I'll just pray a simple, "Please keep me thinking positively and thank You for my beautiful kids!" Good plan -- I hope I can follow through :-) I should at least have some good pictures to post tomorrow night. I can't wait to see Seth's reaction to being up close to all the animals we've watched on his "Signing Time" shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008