Friday, May 22, 2009

park days :-)

The end of school means the beginning of park days! We've been to three in two days :-) I didn't take any pictures at the first one because it was just too great to be sitting back, relaxing, and chatting with my friend while all the kids played. I didn't take any pictures at the third park because we weren't there very long -- we just went there to make it easier for Joel's friend's mom to find us (the second park is a little bit difficult to get to).

The "park of the day" is one of my all-time favorites. It's not all that exciting for the kids, but I make them go there anyway because it's so beautiful. It's on a creek, which is why we renamed it "Raging Creek Park." The kids are NOT allowed to touch the water in any way because it's WAY too fast-moving. The equipment is ok -- perfect for Seth, acceptable for the older kids. There's a house right across the creek that has a little table and chairs set up on the hill above the creek. I'm VERY jealous of the people who live in that house -- except during mosquito season, of course. They must have to wear a full-body mosquito net to sit in those chairs during part of every year!

Here's my chunky monkey -- this child was born with monkey arms!

Joel's almost too big to enjoy the play equipment at any park. He had a friend with him both yesterday and today, though. That made the excursions more fun for him.


I called to Gavin to look at me so I could snap his picture. He said "no" and kept walking. Then he stopped, turned around to face me, and said, "Well -- ok -- CHEESE!"

One of the reasons I love this park -- Seth can climb on the equipment without my help.

Makenzie is, of course, the assistant baby-sitter. If either of the little guys needs help with anything, they call Makenzie (or "Kitty" as Gavin seemed to be calling her today).

Luke helps sometimes, too :-)

The kids love to make new friends or meet up with old friends at the parks, so give me a call if you ever want to join us on a park day :-)

1 comment:

  1. I remember the days my kids were excited to go to the park. At 13 and 11, they're not so excited anymore :-(

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008