Saturday, June 20, 2009

Joel did a half!

Today was the annual Mayor's Marathon. Jason ran the marathon and did very well. His "recovery time" is much better than the first time he ran this several years ago. Joel and Rich (Jason's dad) ran the half marathon -- THIRTEEN MILES!!! Joel has walked my little two-mile walk a couple times with me, but he's not really "into" running. He did an excellent job today just to finish! He did a great job of running and walking the first nine miles, but was really tired for the last four. He says he's not doing that race again, but I'm so proud of him for giving it a try!

We waited close to the finish line to see them come in.


And there they are!


I'm so impressed with both of them -- a grandfather and a little kid finishing a half marathon!!


They got a t-shirt and a medal for finishing the race.


Three generations of marathon-running Hofackers:

1 comment:

  1. That is wonderful, Michelle!!! For both of them. You must be so proud of Joel :-) But I agree with him, I'd never want to do a run like that again, either!

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008