Thursday, June 18, 2009

Luke found scissors

Yes, Luke is my "typical" child. Joel and Makenzie have their "typical" moments, but they're more often extraordinary. I never had to lock cabinets, drawers, or doors when they were small. I don't have any hair-raising stories about their toddler years. I cannot make those statements about my chunky monkey, though. Luke plays rough and gets into anything he feels like exploring and destroys almost everything he touches. Today, he decided to get the scissors out of the glove box of the van and cut his hair. This picture doesn't show the cut very well -- he didn't cut much. I think the "fear of Mom" got into him when he saw the hair fall onto the van floor.


So Luke got a hair buzz this afternoon -- which wasn't such a bad idea since he was getting pretty shaggy. We have a deal, though, that he messed up: haircuts all school year because it's required, then no haircuts all summer until the week before school starts again. Too bad for Luke he has an ocd-ish mom who can't handle a little one-inch section chopped off the top.


And now I'll answer the question that I'm sure all "good moms" are at least thinking: why in the world would a mother with small children keep scissors in the glove box? The answer is simple, but definitely not "good mother" material: because they're handy there. Sometimes I get stuff at Walmart that requires scissors to "get at" as soon as I get to the van. I'm not a "wait till we get home" kind of person, so I keep scissors in the van. Am I going to remove them? Nope. Luke has strict instructions to not touch the glove box and the next deviation from obedience of this mandate will result in much worse consequences than a haircut from Mom!

3 comments:

  1. No hair raising toddler stories about your first two? That is SO not fair. Austin nearly killed me . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok... So you are a GREAT mom!! You should stop saying your not a "good mom"!! I think that you have a 4 wonderful kids, and that only happens by being a great mom! Of course your not perfect, but you are doing a pretty good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep my scissors in the glove box too. It's convenient there. You need scissors for all kinds of things. I had never thought it could be a problem but I won't be moving mine either. :)

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008