Friday, August 14, 2009

one of those days

Today could've been much worse -- nothing really went wrong or badly really. It was just one of those days that seems like a waste. My alarm started going off at 6 a.m. (music, not buzzer -- "beep beep beep" is NOT how I prefer to wake up!), but I couldn't make myself get up. I shut the thing off and slept until 8 a.m. (at least a half an hour after I heard Seth start talking). Sleeping in of course put the whole day off schedule, but it didn't really matter since I didn't have much that needed to be done today anyway. It was just a lazy "I wish I could just go back to bed anyway" kind of day. The worst part of sleeping in is that I don't get my "alone time" -- getting ready, reading the Bible, and having my breakfast before anyone else is awake. Having that time is really worth the bother of waking up so early.

I did finally get to read the Bible tonight after my walk, and I'm very glad I did! Here's some of what I read:

No one will be declared righteous in His sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin. (Rom.3:20)

Righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. (Rom. 3:22)

All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God AND are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. (Rom. 3:23-24)

At one time, we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived, and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of His mercy. (Titus 3:3-5)

"What do we lack? Righteousness. What does Jesus give us? His righteousness. He doesn't change His standard in order to include us. He changes us to fit the standard" (Gladys M. Hunt).

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008