Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Seth is 4

My sweet Seth turned four today :-) He was apparently quite excited about this day because he woke up at about 6:30 this morning! So he got his birthday bath, put on his new birthday shirt, and went to the living room to watch a some birthday Signing Time while I got his birthday breakfast ready.


After breakfast, his grandmother brought him a huge Winnie the Pooh balloon and a little stuffed Blue (from Blue's Clues, his favorite movies -- I'll have to get a video of him saying "Blue's Clues" because it's hilarious!).


I realized yesterday that, while I had gotten all of the kids' school supplies weeks ago, I had forgotten that they needed school clothes. Normally, I go to Walmart or Value Village; but today I decided to "branch out" (a phrase my high school best friend Lisa liked to say to me) and try a couple different places. We found some pretty good deals at Kohl's and then some more good deals at Target. One of the deals was a new swim suit for me that I think will cover enough of me so that Seth and I can go to H2Oasis while the other kids are in school. Normal clothes can cover up A LOT of the weight I've gained after having four children, but a swimsuit is a much trickier matter! Seth got a new Blue's Clues dvd (which he watched at least three times today). We also had to go to Home Depot (one of my LEAST favorite places to have to go -- ranks right up there with public restrooms in my opinion) to exchange the propane tank so that we could have hot dogs on the grill for lunch (I know -- this is riveting stuff I'm sharing here).

After lunch, I took Seth outside to try to get a good birthday picture. He's a tough one to get a good picture of because he really doesn't understand "say cheese" or "smile" or even "look at me" -- or if he does understand the words, he doesn't understand that I really do expect him to do any of that. Here's what I got:

Taking away the plastic fishing rod would've caused quite the temper tantrum, so it became the birthday picture prop :-)







Seth is sitting on the see-saw -- one of his favorite back yard activities. I'm always his partner, though -- or rather, my foot is. He'd go flying if I tried to sit on that thing.


Seth loves leaves!


Seth hardly ever stays in one place or holds still for more than a couple seconds unless he's strapped in to a seat (or swing in this case :-)


I am amazed that Seth taught himself to climb the swingset ladder!


After his birthday dinner, he got another "happy birthday" song and blew out another birthday candle on his birthday brownies :-)


He opened one last birthday gift before it was time to go to bed. This adorable little four-year-old is a precious blessing from Heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008