Tuesday, October 13, 2009

good parts to a bad day

Today looked like it was going to be one of the worst days EVER! I woke up ANGRY at 1 a.m. because of a REALLY stupid nightmare, and I couldn't go back to sleep until about a half-hour before my alarm went off. So with a total of three hours of sleep, I was facing a normally full stay-at-home-mother kind of day (which, by the way, is stressful and difficult enough for me with a good seven hours of sleep!). When I don't get enough sleep and also when I'm angry, I shake inside (not on the outside -- it's a pretty strange feeling). So imagine combining both of those negatives -- they did NOT create a positive like in math! Add to the lack of sleep and unreasonable anger two beds that need complete washing because two little boys drank too much before bed last night. And then add to all that a slightly ill ten-year-old who can't go to school because of a headache, queazy stomach, and 100-degree fever. I was just about to FALL APART!!!! But God kept me going one step at a time, and there ended up being some good points. I got a lot of laundry done; Joel and I got to play some card games; I made a new pillow for Luke with special filling that doesn't get ruined in the laundry; I picked up Seth's ointment refill for his psoriasis (which is getting very close to being gone); Joel returned the library books and movies and got more movies while I got to sit in the van and read; I made pumpkin/white chocolate chip cookies that turned out pretty ok even though the bottoms burned a little.

And, of course, it's always a "good part" of any day to see cutie pies like these:



No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008