Saturday, October 17, 2009

Luke's new tattoo

Jason got this little red Nike temporary tattoo when he was in Chicago for the marathon. Luke wanted to put it in the exact same spot that Daddy's is :-) Wise choice since he won't have to wash it off for school because it'll be covered up by his pants -- unless he decides to show someone which I really wouldn't put past him!

Today was haircuts day. I used to cut the boys' hair; but after years of hearing them whine and complain, I decided to just give up and take them to someone else. I tried trimming Makenzie's hair once and quickly learned that a buzzer is the only thing I'm capable of cutting hair with. (I just re-read that sentence, and it sounds like I buzzed Mak's hair. I didn't! I'm just saying I'm NOT good at cutting hair with scissors.) She went from almost waist-length hair to shoulder-length hair because I couldn't get it to look even. I did a tolerable job on the boys' hair, though. I just couldn't take the complaining anymore.

For the first time ever, I made stuffed mushrooms today. And I must say that I did quite a good job. I do NOT like standing in the kitchen for that long, but it really was pretty much worth it -- plus I got to listen to an entire Third Day cd :-) I have lots of leftover "stuffing," so I need to go get more mushrooms and do it again!

We went to Baskin Robbins tonight after dinner -- the first time I've been there since high school, I think! And (I wonder if Lisa's reading this?) I got my old-time favorite -- daqueri ice (which I obviously have no idea how to spell). It tasted the same as it did twenty years ago :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008