Thursday, October 1, 2009

SURPRISE

I DID IT!!! I got my hair chopped (and got new glasses, but I'm sure that is NOT what people will notice when they see me today). I'll be putting it in the mail tomorrow, sending it to Locks of Love to help make a wig for a child who has no hair. Now Makenzie and I can work together on this project: donate, grow it out for about five years, donate again . . .

So today was quite a productive day: Seth and I returned shoes that were too big (Target is GREAT about returns!!), picked up one of my new pairs of glasses (Costco doesn't have a very big selection, but I did manage to find two good pairs -- only one came in so far, though), bought shoes that fit me nicely (Payless is my first choice for shoes, I guess), found a great jewelry box to organize my beads and a big video cabinet (Value Village is my all-time favorite store!), and then got my hair cut (Marie's does donation cuts for free + tip -- they don't ask for a tip, but I thought they deserved one).

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!! Maybe I'll get mine cut like that when I go back in December. It's so BLAH right now. Might have to print out your picture :-)

    Amber donated her hair to LOL a couple of years ago. I don't think she has the patience to do it now.

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008