Monday, November 2, 2009

I hate halloween

As the title clearly states, I hate Halloween! In my opinion, this is one "holiday" that cannot possibly be "Christianized" as the other holidays have been. But I'm probably in the minority on that opinion. My kids know that if Dad's not home to take them to the "fall festival" at church, they won't be doing any Halloween activities. They decided to dress up for a few minutes Saturday morning, though. Luke was trying to be a white pirate (not even sure what that means, but he's cute no matter what he has on):
Makenzie was trying to look Oriental:
Joel's costume was the best! He is, obviously, a ninja:

Since I don't have the guts to put a big banner outside stating my anti-Halloween beliefs, I silently protest this day of satanic celebration by keeping all our lights off, doors locked, kids inside and quiet. We watched "Night at the Museum" (good movie!), ate lasagna (btw, I make the BEST lasagna ever!), and then had some candy. Since I don't let the kids go trick-or-treating, I buy them their own favorite bags of candy and try to make a fun family evening so that they don't feel too resentful that their fanatic mother keeps them from joining in the night's "festivities."

I sincerely apologize to everyone that I've offended with my opinionated comments on this post. I do not, however, apologize for my opinions. I have a friend (and I'm quite sure there are many, many other people) who has been severely traumatized by the events associated with Halloween and other satanic rituals and truly wish that this "holiday" could be eliminated from American culture.

1 comment:

  1. Darryl laughed at me explaining it to Gavin. Here's what I told him. The farmer's harvest at the end of fall and we are celebrating the end of harvest time. We get candy to symbolize the extra from the harvest after their needs were met. I know it's corny but it's the best I could come up with. :)

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008