Saturday, November 14, 2009

keeping connected

I've been thinking last night and today about all the ways we have to stay connected to other people -- mail, e-mail, blog, phone, cell phone, i.m., facebook, texting. It seems to me that, while I enjoy time to myself to do many different things from Bible reading to cleaning, I DESPERATELY need to know that human contact is always available. "Time alone" and "feeling alone/lonely" are two completely different animals! From the very beginning, God said that it's not good for man to be alone. On one hand, I sometimes think that He was saying, "Please, ladies, do NOT leave the male species alone or they'll somehow destroy all of My Creation!" But I also think that He knows that people need other people for companionship, love, and acceptance. We all have so many thoughts and feelings to share, so I'm very thankful for the many means of correspondence that are available to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008