Wednesday, November 4, 2009

maybe no more e.n.t.!!!!

Seth went to his E.N.T. today to check his ears. So far, Seth has had tubes put in his ears two or three times (you'd think I'd remember the exact number, but I just don't -- all of his surgeries and procedures have become a blur). This last set is working its way out of his ear canal very slowly, which is normal. The doctor removed a giant piece of wax (YUCK -- STINKY!) so that he could clearly see the eardrum. He was VERY pleased to announce that, even in the middle of cold and flu season and even though Seth has a cold right now, the ear drums seem to be in perfect condition!!! He said there's no need for Seth to be on a regular six-month re-check anymore. If Seth were to develop chronic ear infections again or if he shows any hearing loss, we'll have to go back and probably get tubes again and go back on the three- to six-month re-checks. But as of right now, we can eliminate one doctor appointment from the routine list! Praise God!!!!!

Luke was home sick again today. He woke up saying that he was all better and that he was starving. After eating a bowl of cereal and drinking some juice and his minerals, he felt nauseated again. He was lying on his bed in his robe when I went downstairs to check on him. He said that it felt like his food was sitting in his stomach swirling around. NOT a good condition to send him to school with! After about an hour, his prognosis improved from "swirly" to "woozy." Those medical terms don't really tell me much; but apparently "woozy" is better, so we're smiling. There was no barfing even after eating breakfast and lunch, so Luke talked me into letting him eat a little tootsie roll. Still no barfing :-) I'm really hoping he gets from "woozy" to "normal" by tomorrow morning because I'm pretty sure I'm down to cereal, powdered milk, and cup-o-noodles now to feed everyone. While Seth and I were at the doctor's office, Luke was watching a movie in Jason's office at school. And then while Seth was in therapy, Luke and I stayed out in the van watching a movie on Jason's laptop. After lunch, Luke and Seth have been watching old 70's cartoons while I cleaned up the laundry room and computer room (it makes me crazy that I spent a good two hours cleaning and only managed to make bigger paths through those cluttered rooms!). I found school pants, church shirts, and long-sleeved weekend shirts for Luke in the outgrown Joel clothes. And I found Seth's swim trunks -- last time we went to the water park he had to wear Luke's recently outgrown trunks which were huge on Seth. Now he'll be able to keep his drawers pulled up in the pool this Friday :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008