Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Seth's do (and other stuff)

I forgot to put this picture up last week. We saw someone in City Diner with his head wrapped up similar to this, so I decided to try it out on Seth to keep his hair out of his eyes.


It didn't turn out looking as good as the guy in the restaurant, though. And Seth only left it on for a minute or two. I've been told INNUMERABLE times that my kid needs a haircut. My response is always the same now: "Naw -- it'll be long enough for a pony-tail soon." :-)

Yesterday I finished another Bible project. This is the very first time that I have stuck to any kind of Bible reading plan, and I must say that I'm pretty happy with myself. Over the past year, reading this each morning has made the year a little easier than it would have otherwise been and has made me more focused on my Lord and my faith. I filled the two notebooks with notes from what I read.


Because I did my Bible reading from 5:30 - 6:00 each morning, I would often forget exactly what it was I had read when I would try to think of it later in the day. Now that I'm all finished with it, I got the bright idea to carry my Bible with me so that I could re-read wherever I was. I ordered a Bible cover so that my Bible wouldn't get messed up in my bag (I'm planning on keeping it in my school bag with my ASL book and notebook). After much searching and opinion gathering (although I didn't follow anyone else's opinion), I finally decided on the perfect Bible cover (it's special to me, so I wanted it to be something that would catch my eye and make me smile when I saw it, not just overlook it) :


Chris Tomlin has THE VERY BEST version of the hymn "Amazing Grace" that I've ever heard. One of the verses of that song is on my new Bible cover: "The Lord has promised good to me. His Word my hope secures. He will my shield and portion be as long as life endures."

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008