Wednesday, December 9, 2009

one of those days

Wednesday is generally my favorite day of the week because I get to do some pretty fun things: NOT hurry to get out the door because our first appointment isn't until 10:45 a.m., Seth's occupational therapy during which I am now able to sit in the waiting area and read (but even if Seth decides that he needs me to go with him, it's fun and I like chatting with the therapist -- so either way it's a great time), lunch at City Diner, ASL class, plenty of time to get dinner ready, deaf church. The day isn't over, but so far it has just been "one of those days" -- not the "Dear God, why did I even get out of bed today" kind of days, though, so I'm THANKFUL!!!! It's the kind of day in which nothing really goes WRONG, but nothing really goes RIGHT, either. And here comes my OCD-ish-ness about lists to make everything complete and neat:
1. kids weren't BAD at getting ready this morning, but were a little slow and not following directions
2. my watch band was too big, so I tried to fix it by putting on a new clasp. I hurt myself under my thumbnail -- just a little bit, though, not to the point of blood or band-aids. AND it didn't even work -- it was still too big, so I had to take it all apart and rig it up in such a way that I'm not quite sure how I'm going to get the thing off tonight. but at least my watch matches the rest of my jewelry.
3. OT went well -- Seth cooperated mostly, I got to read a whole chapter, his therapist was able to perform the standardized yearly evaluation. The negative of this is that I caught the tail end of the evaluation. While I try my very best to focus on what Seth CAN do and how he HAS improved, those evaluations point out SO VERY MANY things that other four-year-olds can do, but Seth can't. And that makes me a little sad -- not crying or stomach-ache sad, just a little bit sad.
4. "Our waitress" wasn't at City Diner today. Her shift apparently ends at noon :-( I guess that means she normally stays late just for us. So the food was still GREAT, of course, but we missed the fun we always have with "our waitress."
5. I got a phone call after lunch that BOTH boys were sent to the office today for excessive talking. It could've been much worse -- they could've been caught cheating or fighting or being disrespectful. So it's not like I was angry or really upset, but still -- they got sent to the office to talk to the principal because they refused to keep their mouths shut.
6. I got in the very slowest line at Walmart. It was supposed to be the "speedy 12 items or less" line, but apparently I'm the only one who read that sign. I stood in line for about 15 minutes to buy one thing. It didn't really matter, though, since there was no ASL class today (which was a double positive since I got to wear jeans today, which I'm not supposed to do if I'm going to class).
7. Dinner was just ok. I thought cheese/potato/broccoli/chicken soup with some added broccoli sounded yummy (and easy). It was acceptable and definitely easy. But it was just ok, not delicious. I'm glad to not be hungry, though -- and dessert (Butterfinger ice cream) WAS delicious.

All that is close to complaining, but yet I'm saying (and meaning it) that I'm VERY thankful that today was an ok day instead of a bad day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008