Tuesday, December 15, 2009

shopping day

Seth and I went SHOPPING today (no pictures because I was either driving, shopping, or doing laundry all day). The older three kids were at school, of course, all day. Then after school, they went to their grandparents' house to help decorate the Christmas tree and eat pizza. So Seth and I had from 8 a.m. until at least 6 p.m. to do whatever we wanted. I decided that today might be my only chance to get all my errands run with only one child, so we went. I think we completed eleven errands (if you count McDonald's, the coffee shop, and Boston's Pizza as "errands") and did four and a half loads of laundry (the last load of the day usually ends up staying in the dryer until the next day). I got Seth's Christmas gifts (I didn't hold them in front of him and say "look, here's what you're getting" but I didn't really have to hide them, either. He was pretty oblivious to what we were doing.), some things for myself (like more magnetic notepads for my daily lists on the fridge), and some stocking stuffer gifts for the kids (LOVE the $1 aisles at Michael's!!!!). Seth was INCREDIBLY good company today (he was in his stroller or a cart in every store to ensure that I could make that statement). I liked going to places with carts best so that Seth and I could look at each other and talk. He's SO very cute and funny!

So now I'm pretty tired out and thinking I REALLY don't feel like walking on the treadmill, but I must because I ate at McDonalds and Boston's today AND had two lattes! I'm pretty positive I went WAY over 2000 calories today!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008