Thursday, December 17, 2009

snow and Christmas concert

We got SO MUCH snow this week! I had shoveled all the snow off the deck, but it piled back up:


And it just kept on snowing for days:


My windshield wipers seem to be relatively worthless, so driving around the past few days has been a little difficult ("risky" or "dangerous" would be a lot more honest, I guess).

This morning was the kids' Christmas Concert. Luke was the only little choral kid with a Santa hat on. He didn't care (or didn't notice).


These poor kids had to wait for quite a long time for all the instrumental musicians to do their part before it was their turn to sing. Believe it or not, Luke BEHAVED! He just sat on the stage in his Santa hat.


Some of the band kids wore Santa hats, so for a couple songs, Luke wasn't the only one. Joel is the trumpet player with the Santa hat next to the light pole. He played very nicely as far as I could tell.


Makenzie played with the recorder class (they played VERY well today!), and she had a speaking part during the choral section of the program. In this picture, Makenzie is in the front, bottom, middle wearing a dress with black on top and white on the bottom. She looked beautiful, of course :-)


Seth behaved pretty well through the whole thing:


I've had MANY comments lately about how badly Seth needs a haircut. I always explain (politely, I hope) that we're growing his hair out to donate to Locks of Love to help make wigs for children who have no hair because of things like leukemia. That usually makes people look past the "hippie-ish-ness" of Seth's current "do." I still get a few "looks" even after the explanation. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that one of the cooks at City Diner once donated his hair to Locks of Love, too. Very impressive in my opinion! And speaking of City Diner, I told "our waitress" yesterday that next week the whole crew will be coming in for lunch. She said she'd be sure to be there and that I needed to be sure to sit at one of her tables. She has obviously never met the whole family and doesn't know what she's getting into! I am REALLY looking forward to that adventure (we rarely go out to eat with all four kids -- there's a good reason for that!) :-)

1 comment:

  1. I think its sad that you have to explain yourself about Seth's hair to ANYONE!! You are his mother, and I think you would know when the time is right to cut your sons hair!! I am sorry- but some people just need to keep comments like that to themselves, and give the looks elsewhere!!

    When people say something about Ruben's hair, I just say I don't want to cut it... and if they have a problem with it- Oh well! BY the way- Seth does NOT look hippie-ish. He is pulling it off REALLY well- and I think he is a little cutie with all that hair :)

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008