Thursday, January 7, 2010

a BOY, a moose, and a "skin"

I make those dumb titles to remind myself what I'm going to write about because I would probably forget by the end of the post. But I'm NOT getting old :-)

Seth's hair is getting so long now that he needs a separate towel to stop the dripping after a bath. He's still a BOY, though! He thinks the towel is fun :-)


Now for my latest moose story: When Jason and I were dating (I think it was that time frame), there was a show on tv called "Northern Exposure" that had a moose sauntering down the small-town street during the opening song. Jason told me that Alaska is NOT like that in real life, that he hardly ever sees moose, and that the moose generally stay in the woods. He was a LIAR! I've seen moose sauntering, walking, jogging, and running down the streets in the 14 years I've lived here. In fact, these "town moose" have been the ruination of my plans at times (not finishing a walk because a moose is on the path, having to walk all over the place because a moose was FOLLOWING/STALKING me, "having" to take the kids to McDonalds instead of going in the house for pbj's because of the moose in the driveway, etc.). But last night was THE LAST STRAW!!!! After church, I needed to use the restroom, but couldn't get out of my van because there was a moose next to my van. Jason wasn't home from church yet or he could've opened the garage door (we don't have an automatic garage door opener) and I could've pulled in and felt safe to get out of the van. The moose seem to be LIVING in our front yard because of the crabapple trees. We never pick the crabapples in the fall; therefore, they are all over the place and the moose know it. I've had ENOUGH of those creatures being in my way and bullying me around (HA -- moose are really not bullies, but they're so big that I truly fear them), so the crabapple trees are COMING DOWN! I don't know yet how this will be accomplished, but next winter there will be absolutely NO reason for those moose to live in our yard!

Jason gave me an ipod for Christmas, so I wanted to order a nice skin for it. I got on ebay and found a seller that was giving THREE skins for $10 + free shipping. What a deal! I have apparently gotten into a bad habit of not reading all the fine print because they weren't selling the silicone protective skins, they were selling a decorative decal skin -- a big sticker. It's ok, though, because 1. I'm not too hard on my things and 2. the ipod still fits in the dock with just a sticker thing on it whereas a silicone skin would have to be removed every time I put it on the dock to charge or to listen to. And the company's motto just cracks me up: "Stop playing naked." HAHAHAHAHA!!!!


It's a good thing I got three decals because I didn't do a very good job of getting this one stuck on correctly:


But it's cute -- much better than "naked."

------------------------------------------------------------

today's song: "Living Hallelujah" by Sarah Kelly

More than words I bring to You
May all I say and may all I do
Be hallelujah
May everything about me be hallelujah.

-------------------------------------------------------------

today's verse: 2 Corinthians 4:6
"For God . . . has shined in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the Glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."

(that should've been the verse of the day on Tuesday to go with the song of the day about walking in the Light)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Seth's shaggy hair. He looks so adorable with it!

    I'm exactly like you, I never read the fine print on ebay... and too often am surprised at what I get! haha.

    Oh, and moose scare me too. Yay for only deer in Texas. :)

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008