Saturday, January 9, 2010

GREAT saturday

Today was a GREAT day because I had the brilliant idea to keep my children separated from each other most of the day and to spend time with each one. There was almost NO fighting, and each child was happy pretty much all day long! Poor Seth got neglected, I'm afraid. But the thing about Seth: he really didn't notice. He got to watch "Blue's Clues," and someone was in the same room with him pretty much constantly; so he was happy (definitely my best-tempered child).

Luke is a mamma's boy! He likes to do "man stuff" with the men in the family (like going to the cabin, or watching football & eating pizza like they did tonight), but what he likes best (for now at least) is to be with me. So all of the hours that he's at school cause a build-up of "mommy withdrawals." Almost every night this week, no matter how tired Luke was, he came upstairs sometime between 9 and 10 because he wanted me to come be with him while he fell asleep. And for his "turn" today, he chose to watch a movie in my bed and snuggle with me (although "snuggle" turned into me rubbing his back while trying not to doze off). We played board games for his second turn.

Joel wasn't really interested in spending too much time with me today because he was busy with his lego pirate ship that he got for Christmas. He did take time out to play one game of "Clue" with me :-)

Makenzie and I got to spend the whole evening together just us girls (and Seth, but again he had "Blue's Clues" to keep him busy). We played board games, stopped by Classic Toys on the way to City Diner (I really could eat there every meal of every day!!!! I should apply for a job there.), and shopped at Value Village for books and movies (I found out tonight that they have a deal: buy 4 books, get 1 free!!! That made the shopping stop take a little longer than planned).

Joel spent the night with his grandparents, so Luke asked Makenzie to sleep in Joel's bed (he hates to be alone). When I told them goodnight, Luke was playing his little video game thing . . .


. . . and Makenzie was reading her new Scooby-Doo book (which she bought mostly so that she could share it with Luke) out loud to Luke :-)


---------------------------------------------------------------

today's song: "I Will Not be Moved" by Natalie Grant

I will stumble, I will fall down,
But I will not be moved!
I will make mistakes,
I will face heartaches,
But I will not be moved!
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand
All other ground is shifting sand --
I will NOT be moved!

------------------------------------------------------------------

today's verse: Joshua 24:14 - 15
". . . fear the Lord, serve Him in sincerity and truth . . . And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve . . . But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008